A client in the Telecom Industry needed quantified feedback on the performance of their marketing strategies in the market place. The focus was on understanding “cause and effect” relationships rather than measuring final effects only.
Important marketing questions:
• How many people actually have seen, heard or read the ad(s)?
• How many are actually aware who the advertiser is?
• What are competitors doing and what are possible effects of that on the clients’ marketing efforts?
• To what extent do the marketing efforts stimulate sales?
Main contents of questionnaire:
• spontaneous recall advertisements/spots: verified recall
(not asking which advertising one has seen for a specific brand, but asking to describe ads which were seen by the respondent on specific media.)
• branding of advertising described
• brand claims and brand image
• brand loyalty
• brand equity
• Continuous weekly interviewing in the client defined target markets
• Data collection: via internet (also on mobile devices)
• Weekly samples were rolled together to provide data points of N =500
Aim to answer:
How many people actually have seen, heard or read the ad(s)?
How many are actually aware who the advertiser is?
What are competitors doing and what are possible effects of that on the clients’ marketing efforts?
To what extent do the marketing efforts stimulate sales?
• Information was delivered about the competitors as about the own brand.
• By crossing the brand equity profile with positioning statements we could see what statements are important for the different groups.
• The client was able to amend media spend to specific media types.
• Communication was adjusted to improve branding of the ads
• Communication was adjusted to emphasize important positioning elements
• As a result, brand equity improved significantly
Clients about Daccle
Key words are expertise, experience, seniority, trust, openness, amiable collaboration. We have been happily working with them for the past 8 years.
— Patricia Zwaan – Currence
It is a pleasure to work with them. Highly involved and knowledgeable. My internal clients and me are very happy.
— Nina Markkula – Akzo Nobel
Since 1986 our relationship is been characterized by teamwork and added value. Sometimes we speak with other agencies for being sharp, but we always come back to the people of Daccle. We love Daccling.
— Johan Schildkamp – NZO
Great to work with. Skillful, punctual, willing to brainstorm with us and offer suggestions for improvement; something you don't come across in research institutes too often anymore.
— Josephine van Dijk – Productschap Tuinbouw
Very skillful and professional. Approachable, flexible, and easygoing. Their people have a broad knowledge area, which they use to proactively think in solutions. This makes them a reliable and pleasant partner to work with.
— Ilse Snoei – The Greenery
Visual Impact Test allowed us to see the design of our beer cans in a completely different way, and we eventually made a surprising choice for the worldwide introduction.
— Frank Swinkels – CFO Bavaria
It's quite an enjoyable collaboration. I mainly like their open way of communication and how they are always coming up with new ideas, both when it comes to content as on a personal level.
— Eef Dudok – ABN AMRO
I’ve been working with Daccle for several years now. They practice what they preach. They are unlike any other agency I know. They are with me until we get a sharp definition of my requirements and they won’t let me sit back and wait for results. I am part of the process although they do all the work. I like that. And in the end they provide me with insights that allow me to answer the most important question: “Now what do we do?”
— Ton Teerling – Global Consumer Science Manager – Syngenta Seeds